Friday 15 December 2017

December 15 - Splash of colour

My needles have not been idle. I have used rest yarns to make small socks and mittens. This is a new pattern where I used my mother's idea of sufficiently long cuffs for mittens, and tamed the rainbow coloured yarn with a dark blue.


The same mitten in red. This was taken in poor light in our kitchen a couple of days ago.


Here is the same yarn in daylight on fresh snow, this is the true colour. I added my Grandmother's mitten stitch pattern to the long cuffs from my mother's knitting and think this is the perfect, warmer than usual mitten.


2 comments:

  1. So nice using what you've learned from your mother and grandmother, that's how handiwork tradition carries on. Beautiful combination of dark blue and rainbow colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very pretty. I love the long cuffs on the mittens. Makes perfect sense!! The dark blue and bright colors are very striking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi